Thursday, May 7, 2009

How It All Began!

It all began at a graduation party at the beginning of the summer of 2006. I became friends with a girl named Jessica when I moved to Redding. She was one of my first friends there and we became close. She invited me to go to her graduation party after church and it sounded like a good way to meet more people and have fun! We got there and I started hanging out with Jessica and her friend Sabrina. We were having a blast and I could tell we were all going to be very good friends. But there was this one guy there... A guy with a mountain man type beard... (apparently a bet with his best friend) He was so cute! After lunch we all went out on the lake to tube off of Jess's parent's boat. I am deathly scarred of fish by the way! Anyway we all went out there and he was so so cute so I played the whole being scarred of fish thing cool. Sabrina wasn't too comfortable with being left in the water alone either so we made a deal that if one of us fell in the other one would go in too so we weren't alone. Well in the end we both ended up in the water... and when Brina and I were getting back on the boat I was so worried about getting out of the water as fast as I could while still playing it cool, that I didn't realize that my swim bottoms had fallen down to around my knees. Luckily the life vest was big enough that you couldn't see anything. I was oblivious though until guess who... yeah the cute guy Jake speaks up and says, "Your pants are around your knees." How embarrasing! After the shock of that wears off and the party goes on, we all decide to go to Jess's house to hang out. I didn't know how to get there, so Jake offers to ride with me.... As long as he can drive my car! I just met him! But how do you say no to a guy that cute!

So we do end up going back to Jess's house and I talked Jake into staying and letting his ride head home early without him, because I just wanted to keep hanging out with him. We all sat around and talked until about 1:30am and then I had to drive Jake home. Which I did not know was all the way out in the middle of nowhere.... It was fun though and we really got a chance to talk and hang out.

We hung out again when I ran into the whole group at the mall about a week later and Jake told me all about this fishing incident.... Most of you probably know that story! If not ask Jake sometime. Anyway that trip to the mall only lasted about an hour and then it was off our own ways again.

Acouple days later we all met back up for movie night at Jess's house and ended up watching the worlds dumbest scary movie I dont even remember the name just that it was really random and really weird so a small group of us went out to lay on the trampoline and tell ghost stories. A little while into it Jake slowly reached for my hand and pulled me over to where I was laying my head on his chest and he was still hold my hand as we looked up at the stars! (it was totally thought out and romantic just like in a movie or something) It was so cute and we've been together ever since.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I totally forgot about that until now! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete